Table of Contents
Andhra Pradesh RTI Rules
Andhra Pradesh Right to Information (Regulation of fee and cost) Rules, 2005
Application fees for providing information
A request for obtaining information under sub-section (1) of section 6 shall be accompanied by an application fee by way of cash or by demand draft or by bankers’ Cheque payable to the Accounts Officer or any other duly authorized officer of the Public Authority, against proper receipt, at the following rates:-
- In respect of public authorities at the Village Level-no fee;
- In respect of public authorities at Mandal Level-Rs.5/- per application
- In respect of public authorities other than those covered above-Rs.10/- per application;
Fee to be charged for providing Information
For providing information under sub-section(1) or sub-section (5) of Section 7, a fee shall be charged, by way of cash or demand draft or bankers’ Cheque, payable to the Accounts Officer or any other duly authorized officer of the Public Authority, against proper receipt, at the following rates:-
- Priced Material:Publications printed matter, text, maps, plans, floppies, CDs, samples, models or material in any other form, which are priced, the sale price thereof;
- Other than priced material:
- Material in printed or text form (in A4 or A3 size paper) Rs.2/- per each page per copy;
- Material in printed or text form in larger than A4 and A3 size paper-actual cost thereof;
- Maps and Plans-actual cost thereof;
- Information in Electronic format viz. Floppy, CD or DVD:
- Rupees fifty for Floppy of 1.44 MB;
- Rupees one hundred for CD of 700 MB; and
- Rupees two hundred for CD (DVD)
- Samples and models-actual cost thereof;
- for inspection of records, no fee for the first hour; and a fee of Rupees Five for each subsequent hour (or fraction thereof) 1)
- Material to be sent by post-the actual postal charges in addition to the charge payable as per these rules.
State Information Commission (Appeal Procedure) Rules, 2006
Contents of appeal
An appeal to the Commission shall contain the following information, namely:-
- Ordered List Itemname of the address of the appellant;
- name and address of the State Public Information Officer against the decision of whom the appeal is preferred. P.T.O
- particulars of the order including number, if any, against which the appeal is preferred;
- brief facts leading to the appeal;
- If the appeal is preferred against deemed refusal, the particulars of the application, including number and date and name and address of the State Public Information Officer to whom the application was made;
- prayer or relief sought;
- grounds for the prayer or relief;
- verification by the appellant; and
- any other information which the Commission may deem necessary for deciding the appeal.
Documents to accompany appeal
Every appeal made to the Commission shall be accompanied by the following documents, namely:-
- self-attested copies of the Orders or documents against which the appeal is being preferred;
- copies of documents relied upon by the appellant and referred to in the appeal; and
- an index of the documents referred to in the appeal.
Procedure in deciding appeal
In deciding the appeal the Commission may
- hear oral or written evidence on oath or an affidavit from concerned or interested person;
- peruse or inspect documents, public records or copies thereof;
- inquire through authorized officer further details or facts:
- hear State Public Information Officer, State Assistant Public Information Officer or such Senior Officer who decide the first appeal, or such person against whom the complaint is made, as the case may be;
- hear State Public Information Officer. State Assistant Public Information Officer or such person against whom the complaint is made, as the case may be. 2)
- hear third party; and
- receive evidence on affidavits from State Public Information Officer, State Assistant Public Information Officer, such Senior Officer who decided the first appeal, such person against whom the complaint lies or the third party.
Service of notice by Commission
Notice to be issued by the Commission may be served in any of the following modes, namely:-
- service by the party itself;
- by hand delivery (dasti) through Process Server;
- by registered post with acknowledgement due; or
- through Head of office or Department.
Personal presence of the appellant or complainant
- The appellant or the complainant, as the case may be, shall in every Case be informed of the date of hearing at least seven clear days before that date.
- The appellant or the complainant, as the case may be, may at his discretion at the time of hearing of the appeal or complaint by the Commission be present in person or through his duly authorized representative or may opt not to be present.
- Where the Commission is satisfied that the circumstances exist due to which the appellant or the complainant, as the case may be, is being prevented from attending the hearing of the Commission, then, the Commission may afford the appellant or the complainant, as the case may be, another opportunity of being heard before a final decision is taken or take any other appropriate action as it may deem fit.
- The appellant or the complainant, as the case may be, may seek the assistance of any person in the process of the appeal while presenting his points and the person representing him may not be a legal practitioner.
Order of the Commission
Order of the Commission shall be pronounced in open proceedings and be in writing duly authenticated by the Registrar or any other officer authorized by the Commission for this purpose.
Andhra Pradesh Information Commission:
- Samachara Hakku Bhavan, D.No.5-4-399, Old ACB Building, Mozam-Jahi Market, Hyderabad - 500 001
- Ph No.040-24740240/ 246 (O), 24740592 (F)
- eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org