Appearance of Advocate /Non Advocate in the hearing
In an order of the Full Bench Punjab State Information Commission (SIC) where is has deliberated and decided on the following issues:
- Whether a person not registered as an Advocate can appear on behalf of an information-seeker before the Commission.
- Whether a person not registered as an Advocate and not holding a pleader’s license can appear on behalf of an information-seeker in the Commission and plead on his behalf in the proceedings under Sections 18 and 19 of the Right to Information Act, 2005.
- Whether such a non-Advocate can appear after charging certain consideration from the concerned information seeker.
- Whether there should be a specific format of Vakalatnama/authorization which must be submitted by non-Advocate representing an information-seeker before the Commission.
- Whether a formal Order needs to be passed by the Commission in each case permitting such non-Advocate to represent an information-seeker, before such individual can be allowed to appear or plead on behalf of the information seeker.
Decision of the Commission
- Any person (even non advocate) can appear on behalf of information seeker
- Appearance has to be authorised by the Commission
- Person appearing can charge consideration for his/her appearance
- PIO can be represented by Advocate
- Any party can be represented by an Advocate
The Decisions is available here: Download Decision
important-decisions/cic-case-laws/advocates-rti.txt · Last modified: 2018/09/12 14:42 by Shrawan